Saturday 10 March 2012

(5) An Apology

My favourite author is Charles Dickens, I have copies of most of his books, and enjoy reading and rereading them. Each time I read one of his stories, I find that I discover a new name, a new place or a new situation that I had not considered before. The thing that comes across with Dickens is that each story has a beginning, a middle and an end,
'
Many of his books were not written 'cover to cover' and published when the book was completed. On many occassions each chapter was written and then published, in serial form, on a monthly basis, then published as a book when the series ended. I think that because of this monthly, or subscription publication, many of the chapters have a beginning, middle and end, and this was certainly my intention when I started this autobiography, and I apologise for failing to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment